Change begins right here. Right now. With you.

Our goal is to place change jars in as many locations as possible around the country. Put a jar on your desk at work, put jars in the classrooms at your kids' school, take jars to local businesses. All you have to do is print a label, attach it to a jar and put it out there. When you are ready, count your money, then make a direct donation right here on this site.



HELP US REACH OUR $10,000 GOAL!



Click here to donate directly to PIH as part of the Change for Haiti movement.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Good news...

I received a phone call at 2am yesterday morning that Chris was on his way home! He arrived in Roanoke at 5:30 safe and sound. The journey is long from over, but I, for one, am happy to have him here -- for awhile at least. And I know he is grateful to be home, but I also know that so much of his heart stayed there. I can't predict what the future holds, but I can say without reservation that the people of Haiti have a long road to recovery ahead of them. Something like this does more than break bodies and buildings, it breaks minds and hearts. And there is much to be done.

Over the next few days, we're going to take some time to decompress and try to figure some things out. But I'm not letting any of you off the hook so easily. I am personally asking you to continue the efforts you've already taken. I'm asking you to continue spreading the word and increasing awareness of the immense nature of this catastrophe. I'm asking you to strengthen your own resolve to be an agent of change.

So welcome home, Chris, and to the rest of you? Welcome to the revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment