Change begins right here. Right now. With you.

Our goal is to place change jars in as many locations as possible around the country. Put a jar on your desk at work, put jars in the classrooms at your kids' school, take jars to local businesses. All you have to do is print a label, attach it to a jar and put it out there. When you are ready, count your money, then make a direct donation right here on this site.



HELP US REACH OUR $10,000 GOAL!



Click here to donate directly to PIH as part of the Change for Haiti movement.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today was a good day

Today, I watched my daughter carry her bank to the dining room table. She carefully unscrewed the lid and began counting the slightly crumpled bills into a neat pile. Then came the coins one by one. She looked at me and said, "Mom, this is for Haiti." I thoughy my heart would burst. Instead of the doll she has been saving for, she chose to give to the little girl who stands alone in the street with nothing.

Today, in the cold damp of a Blacksburg morning, a team of 7 children and 5 adults set out with me through our neighborhood armed with jars and a desire to make a difference. People reached into their wallets, their coin jars and their hearts. Less than two hours later, we had collected $400.

Today, a group of women gathered at my neighbor's house. They were together for an evening of socializing and friendship. They were gracious enough to allow me a few moments to speak about Haiti and the conditions on the ground. I left with $280 worth of hope.

Today, Change for Haiti, and those who support its mission, raised nearly $700 for the people of Haiti.

Today, I regained energy that has been slowly seeping away thanks to the support and encouragement of my community, my friends and those who believe that we CAN make a difference.

Today was a good day, indeed.

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING, yet not surprising in the least!!!! thanks for the reminder that change (quite literally) does add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and the girls, and Chris, and the people of Haiti, 24/7. You are all my inspiration.
    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there were a "like" button for this, I would click it.

    You make a difference.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete